Google Search

Loading

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Auto Cad 2010 Installation Troubleshooting Part 6

Is it possible to change the installation folder when
adding or removing features?


Once your product is installed, you cannot change the installation path from
the Add/Remove Features page. Changing the path while adding features
results in program corruption, so it is not an option.

When should I reinstall the product instead of a repair?
You should reinstall your product if you accidentally delete or alter files that
are required by the program. Missing or altered files adversely affect the
performance of your product and cause error messages when you try to execute
a command or find a file.
If an attempt to repair an installation fails, reinstalling is the next best option.

Do I need my original disc to reinstall my software?

When performing a reinstall of the product, you do not need to have the
original discs on hand. Installation data is cached locally on your drive and
that data is reused when reinstalling.

After repairing my installation, is it possible to recover
my settings?


Custom settings can be exported and later re-imported to the same system in
case you have to repair the installation of your program.
For more detailed information regarding exporting and importing custom
settings, see Export and Import Custom Settings from the Same Release on
page 35.

When I uninstall my software, what files are left on my
system?


If you uninstall the product, some files remain on your system such as files
you created or edited (drawings or custom menus).

No comments:

Post a Comment